- Posts with slide show of marine mammals
- The Race Rocks taxonomy for more detailed information,images and video about marine mammals
- Files on Elephant seals from Race Rocks
- Files on whales,sea lions,sea otters,river otters and other marine mammals viewed from Race Rocks
- Taxonomy of Race Rocks for images and videos of Fish in the Metchosin area.
- Fish species recorded specifically for the Metchosin Shoreline on this website.
- Seagrasses of Metchosin:
- Marine Algae of the Metchosin Shoreline
- Coastal Terrestrial Plants of Metchosin
- Trees of the Coast of Metchosin.
- Plant and Marine Algae part of the Race Rocks Taxonomy
- Also see all posts with the Category Coastal Terrestrial Plants:
- Northern red -legged frog ( Rana aurora ): an image from down in the Gooch creek marsh, near the ocean
- Pacific chorus frog or Pacific tree frog, (Hyla regilla) This is the most common amphibian in the coastal areas, present as long as fresh water is available.
- Western terrestrial garter snake (Thamnophis elegans): Found frequently among the logs in the upper intertidal along Taylor Beach.
- Sharp tailed snake (Contia tenuis ) Found in the nearby forests, rotting stumps,It is a rare snake in Metchosin and is very secretive .
Ecosystem Diversity: All posts with the Category ” Ecosystem:”